Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Week of Hell

Yep. I'm gonna be screwed BIG TIME.

College is great. All of my teachers are now assigning big projects/papers/tests for the final fucking week before Spring Break. Which, the final week is next week.

So here's a list of what I have due:
~ Monday: 16-18 sentence composition on Childhood for Spanish (written en espanol)
~ Tuesday: Reading journal for Women's Studies (as in, writing one full page per entry and there's over 20 readings I have to do)
~ Wednesday: One-page, single-spaced summary on El Norte, which is the movie we're watching in Spanish currently (also en espanol)
~ Thursday (my most favorite day, yippee...) :
-Women and Fashion project (3-5 page paper, PowerPoint presentation that I have to do)
*It might be saved until after Spring Break, though, because for some reason, my school is doing an emergency preparedness thing on that same day and nobody knows when it will start. However, it is expected to take up several hours*
- Environmental Science Presentation (this isn't too bad, since all I have to do right now is make an outline of the article. However, the article is extremely hard to comprehend (very science-based) and two of my group members are flaking out on me and my other group member, so I might have to do the PowerPoint for that, too)
~ Friday (FINAL DAY!!!): Philosophy Midterm (god help me), then work-study.

If, and only if, I survive this week, it will be sheer bliss of having 9 days off. And I'll be in decent shape for the rest of the semester!!!

Alright, gotta go finish a paper for Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I chose to get a BS instead of a BA strictly because the former did not require a foreign language. I do not do languages well at all.

    I am, however, very excited that you are taking a women's studies class (that was my minor). Which leads me to ask: Is it your first one? Are you enjoying it?

    Sorry, I ended up taking my intro to women's studies as an elective and loved it so much it ended up as a minor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's my first women's studies class. And I absolutely LOVE it! It's a lot of work and a lot of reading, but we have very interesting and active discussions in class about the subject at hand. Plus, we get to hear male POVs, as well.

    I don't know if I'm going to make women's studies my minor, but I might consider it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this! God knows I never thought I'd make it through college...but by some miracle, I did.

    ReplyDelete